Are you geared up for your next career step and ready to play a dynamic and pro-active role at the world’s largest restaurant chain? Than please apply for this fantastic job.
Are you geared up for your next career step and ready to play a dynamic and pro-active role at the world’s largest restaurant chain? Do you want to be part of a growing and newly organized European office and ready to accept internal and external challenges? And do you keep track by being very creative with innovative culinary ideas to work in a team and develop/market future products for Subway in Europe?
What began as a single submarine sandwich shop in 1965 has grown to more than 40,000 restaurants in over 100 countries. For three consecutive years, SUBWAY® restaurants has been identified as the “Most Buzzed About Brand” in the YouGov Brand Index rankings. We’re baking fresh innovation daily and helping thousands of franchisees around the world build successful businesses and realize their dreams.
Based in Amsterdam, the European corporate headquarters of Subway is growing fast. To support the growth of its business the company is continuously adding talent to the team. There is a vacancy for a Culinary Innovations Manager Food & Beverage. This is a newly formed job to determine and fulfill the specific guest needs in Europe.
Hungry for an inspiring Job?
SUBWAY is seeking a dynamic Culinary Innovation Manager Europe (Food & Beverage). Being a new member of the existing team of highly motivated people within the European Corporate Headquarters in Amsterdam.
The Culinary Innovation Managers’ main task is to identify, validate and lead the implementation of food & beverage innovation in Europe across a broad menu portfolio. The brand is under a strategic transformation, and New Product Development (NPD) is fundamental to further realizing the division's ambitious growth objective.
What SUBWAY considers as important:
Candidates must have 5 to 7 years of experience in new product development and innovation within the broader food service industry. Culinary experience or training in addition to the above is a clear advantage to be successful.
This job has a key role in:
- Driving the long-term strategic NPD thinking in Europe whilst at the same time being the operational guardian of the innovation process, continuously optimizing it to secure and drive tomorrow's value from NPD;
- Inspiring Business Units and NPD specialists (with global/regional consumer and food trends and insights) in "discovering" new business opportunities for our menu;
- Helping Business Units to accelerate "delivery" of NPD through creating a stellar European NPD team driving efficiencies and exchange of best practices.
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You articulate, recommend, and lead implementation of food innovation initiatives and related growth strategies. You work in partnership with cross-functional colleagues, but especially bridging critical connections between culinary and brand marketing.
- You focus on both, improving the relevance and quality of the Subway menu. And simultaneously you drive development of food and drink offerings that build traffic, sales, profits, and customer loyalty in ways that help to tell the Subway brand story.
- You collaborate with Consumer Insights and Innovation leaders to design and implement effective consumer research to uncover areas of high potential food innovation, and to help guide Subway's innovation priorities.
- You design and manage open innovation engagements with internal and external resources such as suppliers and chefs, to ensure both a robust pipeline of food innovation as well as to maximize creativity which is aligned with Subway's business, brand, and menu strategies.
- You author product and project briefings, build compelling business cases that support recommended courses of action, and create detailed implementation work plans to ensure coordinated, "well-oiled" execution across a broad portfolio of initiatives of critical importance to the brand.
- You organize and lead multidisciplinary (and high profile) project teams including disciplines like procurement, operations, training, and quality assurance colleagues demonstrating the ability to translate powerful ideas into high impact activations.
In this new role SUBWAY seeks immediate impact, so you need to be experienced in:
- Defining strategic multi-year roadmaps for menu innovation;
- Leading, developing and executing NPD initiatives at either regional or local market level;
- Strong project management skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver on time;
- Good understanding of consumer research methodologies and processes.
As a person you should:
- Have the ability to work in a matrix organization;
- Have a proven ability to successfully manage a variety of stakeholders including store personnel, vendors, suppliers, agencies, business units as well as board members at HQ;
- Have the willingness to travel up to 25% of your total working time.
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where you help determine what's done how;
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and hard-working, with strong problem-solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
- University/Master’s degree in marketing or related discipline (food technology)
- 7 years of experience in new product development, innovation, product marketing, or a combination of relevant training and work experience. Preferable in food service industry.
- While formal culinary training is not required for this position, a more-than-average knowledge of and passion for food is highly desirable.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Valid work/residence permit required (The Netherlands/European Union)
What Subway offers:
A very challenging position in a growing company and space for personal development within your own field of expertise and beyond. An open, informal, diverse, non-hierarchical culture and multi-cultural team in which people are free to speak up. The company offers a good mix of salary and remuneration package including a company result related bonus structure. Apart from the fact that the office in Amsterdam is a fantastic place to work, they also offer a “one-day-work-from-home” policy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful business. So, if you are experienced or ready to take a next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Ruud Schlenter, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 22511047.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: email@example.com
To learn more about our Milford, CT Headquarters Team, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJAQX1KrNY&list=PL2szW-m6udjrHie1I9sIGyDcQhfOCrL4e&index=1
To learn more about The SUBWAY® Story, please visit http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/about_us/history.aspx
Have a further look in the world of SUBWAY on www.subway.com
Solliciteer op deze functie