Leading market development and technical delivery towards commercial success
Monaghan Mushrooms is the leading integrated mushroom producer in Europe and one of the world’s largest substrate and mushroom companies, with 3,500 employees worldwide and Headquarters in Monaghan (Ireland). Monaghan Biosciences (MBIO), houses all the Biotechnology and R&D capabilities of the Monaghan Mushrooms Group. MBIO has dedicated access to the mushroom feedstock, which will position MBIO as a global leader. MBIO uses biotechnology to naturally enhance and unlock the mushroom’s unique stream of vegan nutrients. A number of nutritionally enhanced mushrooms are already available in the market. In recent years MBIO has built a ‘BioBank’ of bacterial and fungal organisms. Their dedicated Enzyme team is focussed on the identification and commercialisation of targeted enzymes from this BioBank, which are initially being used to unlock the mushroom’s nutrient streams. In order to contribute significantly to the future growth of MBIO and to strengthen both the business development and technical capabilities, we are searching for an entrepreneurial Head of Enzyme Innovation.
- Responsible for developing the enzyme business from conception towards commercialisation of products and applications meeting customer needs
- Reviewing and developing MBIO’s existing enzyme strategy, including existing programmes and development of new ones
- Leading the Enzyme team (approx. 20 employees) in executing multiple projects
- Building and further developing a clear market position for MBIO’s enzyme capability
- Identifying priority markets, visiting (potential) customers and setting up commercial partnerships to achieve enzyme business target plans
- Developing the technical enzyme pathway including discovery, characterisation and end customer application
- Accessing established collaboration networks with universities, research institutes and other relevant biotech networks for identifying further enzyme opportunities
- Member of the Executive Team and reporting to the CEO of MBIO.
- MSc / PhD degree in Biotechnology, Mycology, Biochemistry, Food (Fermentation) Technology or a similarly related field
- Relevant and senior management experience in the biotechnology / food ingredients industry with a track record in market development and technical delivery
- Technical expertise in product innovation, enzymology and fermentation based programs
- Capable of identifying and generating new market opportunities and customer solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the development and launch of new products into profitable business lines
- Results driven people manager with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable working and travelling in an international and entrepreneurial business setting
- Personal skills: an entrepreneurial self-starter, innovative, business acumen, commercial drive, persuasive, analytical, strong team manager and pragmatic attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com.
Monaghan Bioscieneces selected DUPP - Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.
Solliciteer op deze functie