Leading the European innovation teams and product portfolio
Royal FrieslandCampina is one of the most professional, successful and attractive dairy enterprises in the world. The company is owned by more than 18,000 dairy farmers, employs worldwide almost 24,000 people and has annual revenues of more than 11 billion euros. FrieslandCampina’s purpose is nourishing by nature. It stands for better nutrition for the world and a good living for their farmers, now and for generations to come. FrieslandCampina consists of four business groups, each with several operating companies. Its Headquarters are based in Amersfoort (NL) and they have offices all around the world. The Business Group Consumer Dairy develops, produces, markets and sells a range of value added dairy products for the European, Middle East, African and Asian markets. The Research & Development discipline is mainly located in Wageningen. In order to strengthen the European R&D organisation for the Business Group Consumer Dairy, we are searching for an ambitious Development Director Consumer Dairy Europe.
- Responsible as key R&D business partner for innovation, renovation, value engineering and compliance projects for the European operational companies
- Leading and executing the innovation strategy and change management as the R&D gate approver for European markets
- Managing a team of approx. 40 people of which 7 direct reports, mainly Development Managers. The Development Managers and their teams are located in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Russia, Romania and Hungary
- Reviewing and executing the R&D innovation strategy in close cooperation with Marketing and continuously striving together for better and more profitable opportunities and initiatives
- Maintaining and further building a business network with all relevant stakeholders within FrieslandCampina and also with external partners
- Monitoring trends and developments in the market and in technology, shaping these into innovation strategy and providing guidance towards product development
- Member of the R&D Management Team for the Business Group Consumer Dairy and reporting to the Global Development Director Consumer Dairy.
- MSc or PhD in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or close related education
- Senior and broad experience within R&D and product innovation in consumer markets, combined with successful managerial experience in an international food company
- Excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills, easy connecting with different cultures at all organisational levels
- Ability to manage change and win support by building and developing winning teams and effective working methods
- Comfortable working in a matrix organisation and travelling (approx. 15% of the time) in an international business environment
- Personal skills: drive for results, owner’s mindset, strategic vision, commercial awareness, open and creative attitude, team player and organisational sensitivity.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal FrieslandCampina selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.
Solliciteer op deze functie